Wendi Darlin

writes hard men with soft Southern tongues and the women who bring them to their knees. Get ready for some

Hot Southern Lovin'

Erotic Romance

Cowboy Games video!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another Day I Remember




















Eight years before today was a day of remembrance for lives lost in a gruesome attack on our country and way of life, I married my husband. We wed in a corny little wedding chapel in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with only a few friends there to witness our vows. We were young, naive and scared half to death.

When I think back on it now, I realize we married when we did and the way we did out of fear of losing one another. But we must have known what we were doing -- either that or we just got damn lucky.

We've been married fifteen years today. I still bonk myself on the head for not planning a nicer wedding and hiring a better photographer - and don't even get me started on that veil. But we're just as married as anyone else, and we've made a wonderful family together. I believe all of us sometimes know more than we think we do at the time. I definitely know I got this one right, just like I knew on our first date that I would marry him. Maybe that's why I write romance.

On this Remembrance Day I hope you all remember not only the lives lost on September 11, 2001, but also a moment that makes your heart happy - a time the stars lined up and your life changed for the better.


Wendi Darlin
www.wendidarlin.blogspot.com

Also check out The Water Bearer by Wendi Christner at BookStrand!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo...you are a Marine wife..I know this because so am I. LOL It's always nice when you meet another woman who you have something in common with.

I remeber my wedding day. We got married at the Justice of the peace..I think the day or days that I remember the most are the birth of my two sons..one 13 years ago and the other 8 years ago.

I will also always remember this day...such a tragic day.

Wendi said...

Hi,Reba! It is nice to meet people you instantly have something in common with. My husband was in the Marines for about 12 years. He flew CH-46s (helicopter). I met him when he was still in flight school. :)

I was just telling a friend this morning how sad it makes me that my son will live almost his entire life in a post 9/11 world. Your sons will too. Such a terrible day in our history.

The day children are born is magical. There's just no other word for it. What precious memories those are. :)

Wendi Darlin

Wendi Darlin

Regina Carlysle said...

Ahhhhh honey I looooove the veil. You two look perfect for each other. Kudos on 15 happy years and I'm wishing you both many more.

Wendi said...

Thanks, Regina. :)

Wendi Darlin

Fedora said...

Just wanted to say happy belated anniversary! Wishing you many more blissfully happy years ;) And thanks for sharing your beautiful photo!

Wendi said...

Thank you, flchen1! You're so sweet. :)

Wendi Darlin