Wendi Darlin

writes hard men with soft Southern tongues and the women who bring them to their knees. Get ready for some

Hot Southern Lovin'

Erotic Romance

Cowboy Games video!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Morning Rescue




















The excitement of the morning in the Darlin household was this little blue-tailed skink in distress. We're a house full of animal lovers. I tend to shy away from the slithery ones, but my husband and son rescue every snake and lizard they can. And believe me, we have more than a few down here. To date, two snakes have made it into our house, and I've stopped counting the frogs and lizards. Ain't Florida grand?

My son discovered this little skink just before breakfast. Apparently he'd fallen into our pool or chased some insect into it. He's safe now, but he was in such shock, he didn't even try to run when my husband caught him and carried him off the lanai. He's pretty from a distance, but I'm glad he's outside again where he belongs.

7 comments:

Tess MacKall said...

Oh
God.

I hate slithery little critters. I've had a snake in my house, snakes in the yard and lizards galore.

We live out in the country, but town encroaches. Every time a new house goes up and a part of the woodlands are cut down, we get another pilgrimage of wild life.

My house is in a pine forest, and I have lots of shrubs and flowers. They love my yard. It's almost a wildlife preserve now.

The squirrels run rampant. I have a guy who comes out a couple of times a year to thin them out for me.

I'm a critter lover, but I sometimes and over run with them!

Savannah Chase said...

omg hes adorable...yes i said adorable...i would not touch him but still....here we mostly get frogs, and chipmunks and ducks...no little guys like that

Wendi said...

Tess, I know what you mean. My neighborhood is very wildlife friendly. We have lots of protected areas, and the animals don't know the difference between our yards and their woods. :) We have rabbits, squirrels, a deer once, armadillos, etc. Even a wild boar decided to check out our neighbor's trashcan one time. The boar was scary. The armadillo was funny. He was like the caddy shack gopher. He dug a hole and at the top of it was an empty cigarette pack that he found somewhere. He was livin' it up. LOL!

Savannah, chipmunks are adorable. I've never seen one down here. I don't know if they live this far south. And I agree, the skink is cute...from a distance. :)

Thanks for dropping by ladies. :)

Wendi Darlin

Regina Carlysle said...

GAWD...at least it wasn't a croc. But no, I don't like the little slithery things much.

Wendi said...

LOL, Regina! Thanks for stopping by. :) Alligators are definitely not out of the question here. We see them daily. Luckily none have ventured into my pool or yard yet. We did have some walking catfish after a really hard rain though. How weird is that???

Wendi Darlin

Desirée Lee said...

I love the slitheries!

It's adorable! I'm glad he was rescued.

Carpe Noctem,
Des


Desirée Lee
Putting the Romance Back in Necromancy
http://www.desireelee.com
des@desireelee.com

Wendi said...

Hi, Des. :) I'm glad we found him in time too. I can admire him from a distance, but if my husband hadn't been home I'm sure he would have been rescued by a long net. :)

Wendi Darlin